Find help for electric, utility, and heating bills
- Having financial issues? MECHA helps ANYONE (even if you’re NOT Hispanic) in Mercer County: http://www.mercerresourcenet.org/search/mercer-county-hispanic-association-mecha/
- Crisis Ministry, based in Trenton, provides heating and utility bill assistance for eligible Mercer County and Trenton New Jersey residents and families. The non-profit can be reached at 609-396-9355.
- Mount Carmel Guild, 609-392-5159. This agency provides utility bill assistance for low income and qualified eligible Mercer County residents. Apply to the agency for grants and financial assistance. Several other services are available in Trenton from the agency. They provide home medical care for seniors as well as free Christmas meals and gifts. There are other holiday programs too, including for Easter and Thanksgiving
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Trenton, 132 N Warren St., Trenton, New Jersey, 08608, (609) 394 – 8847
They have a program called Mercer Emergency and Community Services (MECS). It is a homeless prevention service that provides everything from food and shelter to emergency funds for a mortgage or rent payment. Other MECS resources include job programs, furniture, placement into low income apartments, and applications to no interest loans for expenses such as rent.
- Crisis Ministry of Mercer County, 123 E Hanover St., Trenton, New Jersey, 08608
Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Rehousing ranges from utilities assistance programs to grants for back rent. Other support includes mortgage and security deposit help in Mercer County. Another office is at 61 Nassau St, Princeton NJ. Call (609) 921 – 2135.
- Haitian Center – Diocese of Trenton, 530 S Olden Ave., Trenton, NJ, 08629, (609) 588 – 8808
Aid is only for the Haitian community. There is help in applying for benefits such as section 8 housing, translations, and advice in filling out forms for financial aid for back rent.
- HomeFront, 1880 Princeton Ave., Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648, (609) 989 – 9417 Ext: 141
The emergency assistance program focuses on housing needs. Components include shelter, assistance to locate and pay the rent on permanent housing and more.
Super nice, very friendly, well knowledge and very helpful. He can taking care for you from A to Z. Willing to work with you again when I have a chance, Mr. Cohen. Highly recommend this gentlemen. Thanks for your help & very pleasure to worked with you.